Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Impulsive Rambling


Impulsive? Maybe. But this really got me thinking, and it's certainly not the first time I've been down this road. One thought leads to the next, and long before you know it you're on a totally different track than you were a couple of seconds ago, or is it just me? I sometimes find myself wondering and contemplating on how certain things could change or affect a relationship. I'm referring to relatively strong and close friendships. Some things could have drastic effects on such relationships. Let me drop the riddles...

We all encounter or experience milestones throughout our lives, and its at times like these that we are expected to make changes in our lifestyles and ourselves in order to adapt to the new way of life. The 'milestone' that got me thinking here was marriage. Marriage, engagement or anything else leading to it for that matter. I could not totally comprehend all the infinitesimal changes that would follow each bifurcation upon approaching a time like this. I'd usually lead myself astray with 101 questions and no answers.

I've grown very close to some friends that just sometimes thoughts like these tend to give me a sense of insecurity. I've both close male and female friends alike, but it's my relationship with my female friends that I'm worried about. None of them are married yet nor are they engaged, but that doesn't change its inevitability. The question here is how and to what degree are they going to change? It won't be the same with them all, but once again its inevitable. I don't know what to expect, and that's what I fear. Is it wrong for me to fear such thing? How else would I react. Some of the relationships I'm talking about here could be considered by some as uncomfortably close. Yeah well it's too late to change that now isn't it. We've done so much, said so much and shared so much. But just how much exactly of that are they willing to forget? Is it because I am who I am that they expect so much of me? I mean no one in their sane mind would expect things to remain the way they were before and after something like this. No matter how much we sat and talked about things like this, no matter what we'd say to eachother with God knows how many promises in between... would anyone in their sane mind predict how things would turn out?

This is where I choose to stop. I'm draining my thoughts, and running in circles with more questions than I care to be answered. But this whole thing still remains a mystery...

6 Comments:

Blogger Lym said...

Huh ?

1/04/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger Luisa said...

People say am moody, which is true actually but why coming to me and saying it?
I mean i know, i've lived with myself for quite a bit now.
If you like me ok, if not bye.

1/04/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

If I got what you are talking about right then here is my comment:

Your relationship with your female friends would definatly change once they are married .. no matter how close you are, once there is a man in her life thing would turn into another direction. Its life, you have to be prepared for that. Memories dont need to be changed, Keep the memories but let the friendship end when somone come to thier life. You need to be proactive not reactive!!

1/04/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

Don't worry , you did make sense !

The only comment I had is that change is bound to happen , whether they are married or not. You shouldn't fear the result of change , just accept it. There will still be things to look forward to and care for. Once you are married, things will change too.

Just a silly solution : Why dont you marry your female friend ? :P

1/05/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

MashaAllah the comments are longer than the post itself, but I’m appreciative of it all :)

Lym: you had me worried for a second there, because it barely made sense to me at first lol
I’m not denying the fact that change is inevitable, nor do I actually fear its outcomes. I’m more concerned with what I should expect and how I should react to the infinitesimal changes.
Now what I can’t seem to understand is why you mentioned female friend lol, and how is that supposed to make anything better? :P

PizzaQueen: Are you okay? Do I owe you something? :P I’m guessing that comment was supposed to end up on another blog…

Arabian Princess: Again I think you’ve misunderstood me, as I said to Lym the concern is how I’m expected to react. Maybe that would make more sense.
“Keep the memories but let the friendship end when somone come to thier life. You need to be proactive not reactive!!”
Quote of the day.. Thanks! =D

1/11/2006 5:51 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

mimi: Thank you… atleast I’m making sense to someone :) That certainly helped me out, oh and “getting married is considered something you've encountered! I hope i'm making sense!!” … I was aboutttt to but I couldn’t, I’m sorry that didn’t make it through. I’ll try reading it later though

Life…: Thanks a lot that was good advice! :)

Violet83: You’re living proof of what I rambled on about! :P

1/11/2006 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator