Friday, December 02, 2005

Then what?


Quote of the day: "The thing about forgetfulness is that you never remember what you forget."
- Maestro Robert M. Halaijian
No, I don't think you got that either. Basically we try to remember everything we would like to remember, but in case we do forget then its quite hard to remember what we forgot. If we are constantly reminded of our forgetfulness then its much easier to not forget. Still doesn't make sense? Try reading it when you sober up.

Robert is the founder of the A.I.M. academy - parent association of my kickboxing club. The above quote is the first thing he mentioned after our grading today. It got me thinking a bit, and was somehow embedded in the back of my head. He was trying to show us the importance of finding a way to note down and constrain our knowledge, in order to be well aware of our learning outcomes.


Crash - When we travel at the speed of life, we are bound to crash.

First of all let me say that this movie is on my "best movies ever" list. "...a movie of intense fascination..." (Chicago Sun-Times) best describes it I think. I gaurantee it'll stir your emotions, as it exposes painful reality. When it comes to drama's I could be your average Joe, meaning I'm seldom ever moved or touched by anything. This movie defied that! It's by all means a must-see! :)
(In case you like(d) it, then I also recommend City of God)

8 Comments:

Blogger TripleTee said...

ain't forgetfulness the art of failing to extract certain information from your memory?
I always hear what you learn is always there... it's how to find it that's difficult... which is why we study so as to fix what we learn and put it where we can find it if that makes any sense......
funny organs, brains...

12/03/2005 4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your opening paragraph really confused me! lol guess I'm not as smart as I'd like to think.

I watched Crash this summer, and I have to agree that it was one of the best movies I've seen this year. I'm surprised that it wasn't publicized much.

12/04/2005 1:30 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

hmm I was also confused by the first part .. lool I guess I am not in my philosphical mood :p

I would really love to see crash!! sadly I didnt manage to see it in cinema .. hope watching it in DVD has the same affect that you guys felt.

12/04/2005 9:18 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

I beg to differ. There are many times that I did actually remember what I forgot. It is hard sometimes , but I end up thinking about it till I figure it out. It just annoys the hell out of me when I don't remember something I want to say.

I Loved Crash :)

12/05/2005 6:43 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Meaning #1: tendency to forget
Meaning #2: unawareness caused by neglectful or heedless failure to remember
That't what I got, and that's pretty much what I meant :)

Tee: We're obviously on the same page here! :) Oh but an art?
Libellula: You're always confused! :p
Arabian Princess: In that case, feel free to come back and read when ever that philosophical mood takes over =) I strongly recommend that you rent Crash on dvd and watch it, I reckon it'd be just as good :)
lym: I totally understand what you're talking about. The quote was more or less referring to the times where we aren't aware of the things we forget.

Lym and Libellula I'm sure you guys will love City Of God just as much (foreign btw).

12/05/2005 10:59 PM  
Blogger TI3GIB said...

Post more, some and my likes need this kind of spiritual education ...

and Crash's tagline .. It's super

12/14/2005 2:08 AM  
Blogger IntI said...

very meaningful dat qoute, u wont recall wat u 4got dats y it called 4getfullness rite !!

12/15/2005 5:43 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

No worries ti3gib ;)
Thank you come again :p

Meaningful indeed bluewaves, and there's much more to it as well :)

12/16/2005 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator