Saturday, December 24, 2005

Delight!


Since this is my first time here during christmas (last christmas I was back home), I experienced so many new things. Some things were probably the norm around here but I found some to be quite astonishing. Who would've suspected that shopping centres would stay open for anywhere from 32 to 48 hours non-stop. Last night I was at this shopping centre until 1 am and by the time we left it was still packed! People weren't showing any signs of stress or fatigue whatsoever, they were determined to shop till they drop! They were shopping like it was christmas (ka2ano il-3eed.. it is isn't it?) I personally haven't experienced that anywhere else. Allow me to elaborate. For those that are unaware, shopping/trading hours here don't go past 5-6pm all week, with the exception of Fridays where shops remain open up until 9pm. So basically if it's not a Friday then everythings dead by 6pm. I mean obviously there's a vibrant nightlife of endless opportunities out there and what not, but don't expect to see any shops open. Honestly speaking christmas is no merry time of the year for me. It's just like any other day. But the fact that I'm amidst this holiday spirit tends to make something out of nothing. Am I still not making sense? Oh well Merry Christmas to all my fellow christians and to all non-christians that wouldn't be offended by the greeting. (Reason I'm saying that is because I've been in a rather interesting discussion... haha)

For the past 2 weeks or so I've been going on about how I've been wanting to buy a new PSP game. I've only had one since I bought it, and I've finished the game ages ago which led to some dust piling up on my beloved PSP. Ok I admit that I might've been somewhat of a pain by going on and on about the 2 or 3 games that I'm hesitant in getting, but not once was I doing it for anything except the sake of getting some feedback. But something crazy happened last night, something I would've never expected!
This crazy friend of mine "M" was one of the poor victims that had to keep up with this temporary craze. He's a games freak. So if I ever had to talk to anyone about this hesitation it would be him. So everytime we would pass by any games shop, I'd pretend like I was complaining about him and that he was a good for nothing friend and that he should atleast buy me a PSP game. As absurd it might sound, I was doing it merely as a joke and would've never expected to be taken seriously whatsoever. (sad? I know) Anyway for the past couple of days he'd been asking me which of the three games I thought I would enjoy the most. That got the little paranoid part of me worked up, and I really thought I could've been the centre of attention for a fragment of time. A second later I came to my senses and replied indecisively. Anyway we were out at this shopping centre last night, none of us with the intention of doing any shopping but we ended up with a couple of bags. One of the things I bought was a pair of pants. Once we were back home, M was going on about my clothes and how I should go check them out. He was overdoing it which got me thinking that I might've forgotten them somewhere. So I asked why, and he asked me to go try them out for some reason. That cracked me up and I was certain he was trying to make a fool out of me so I replied with a couple of not so appropriate replies. He insisted so much that I thought I'd atleast just go check them out and see what was wrong with them. So I reach into the bag to pull them out and there I find one of the PSP games that I've been wanting to buy!! For the next 10-15 minutes I had this dorky smile on my face, and I think I prefectly represented a kid opening a christmas present. I couldn't believe my eyes. I don't think I've still thanked him properly yet, but I'm sure my appreciation was very obvious haha. So after 10 minutes he asks me to go grab one of the bags in his room and I have this look on my face that says "err yeah.. sure". I sarcastically ask if its the other game I've wanted to buy and he assures me it isn't and that one was enough. So as I reached for the bag, I doubted my very eyes. There was the other game I've been wanting to buy! I come out of the room shouting some rather inappropriate and unorthodox compliments. From that moment onwards I've been convinced that my dear friend is under the influence of some strong hallucinogen. I'm still waiting for him to prove me wrong lol.

A great night indeed!! =D


(P.S. I told you I'd write about it all "M"! :P )

10 Comments:

Blogger Najah said...

oooooooooo THIS IS SOOOOOO CUEEEE...

I was telling the blogger life, how ieces like to write and describe every single detail mashallah long nice post...

you have one sweet freind indeeed!!!

Enjoy playng the game!

12/24/2005 11:32 PM  
Blogger Degoat said...

I love your friend already..

Im finally convinced that i need to get my PSP.. inshallah as soon as i get my salary.. please let me know if there is an amazing game worth 18RO.

Or introduce me to ur friend, i'll still him from u :P

G

12/25/2005 5:05 PM  
Blogger Abs said...

Your friend is a friend indeed! The hell my friend brought me a thing was like million years ago!Bless him...

So mind sharing the games?I mean the PSP?Hehe...Im gonna buy it when it gets cheaper here.

12/25/2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

najah: Thanks! :) Oh btw what's blogger life and "ieces"

degoat: I strongly recommend that you get yourself a PSP. It's something you'll never regret, well atleast I know I didn't.. oh and I'm not sure about prices of games in Oman as I get mine from overseas, so I'll introduce you to my friend instead :p

abs: Oh I'm grateful to have him as a friend bless him, and just as I told degoat you should get it! :)

mimi: lol I'm sure you've got friends like that.. you just to need to awaken the generous traits hidden within :p Well there's the big screen to play it with others, and there's a PSP for every other time!! =)

12/26/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Najah said...

ok many missing letters, ma3ale that keeboard thinggie is just too new and the buttons were just tooo new...

Pieces i meant.
and there is a blogger whos nick is 'Life'

12/26/2005 10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore people who are selfless and think about others' needs before theirs. Such a precious friend indeed :)

12/26/2005 11:08 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

najah: hehehe thanks for the clarification :)

amorelicious: I second you :)
Speaking of selflessness, we were both talking about how we would easily do things for others but have second thoughts when it came to ourselves, and ironically that's what happened.

12/27/2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww I want a friend like him!!

12/28/2005 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Prince ... Can I borrow your friend for a day :P (joking)

God bless you both inshallah :)

12/28/2005 5:14 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

arabian princess: lol lets hope your really good friends don't read that :p

life silent: hehehe.. thanks :)

12/28/2005 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator