Thursday, October 13, 2005

Illusions


We didn't all grow up in a fairytale land. Not all of us have wonderful memories to cherish.
And I don’t feel sorry at all for those who didn't! Because I grew up in a neighborhood so bad, so rough, that you would get shot while you were being shot!

Ok who am I kidding... but wouldn't it be cool if I could say that? Truth is, I don’t think so. I am very happy with whatever memories I hold, and I more than happy with the way I've been brought up. It’s only in situations that require one to stand strong, that I truly recognize the irreplaceable values of upbringing that my dear parents have planted in me.

Every so often I amuse myself with my intermittent memory of my early childhood. Several things make me wonder.. Why was it so? Why did that happen? Did I really do that? What really gets me thinking though is the reason why certain memories in particular are imbedded in the back of my head… for instance out of all the days as a child, going to kindergarten, why is that I remember this one day.. and I remember every single detail about it. There’s nothing special at all, yet I seem to remember everything about it. For some odd reason I remember my earliest fears. Out of these fears, the only one that could’ve posed as a serious matter was my fear of darkness. No, I’m not talking about the kind that so many kids experience, I’m talking about the kind that makes you sleep with the light on up until the age of about 14!!... Relax, there’s nothing wrong with me el-7amdillah, its just that I think many things amplified this fear along the years.

Untold secret… I was once going through old family albums, and came across one of my first childhood albums. On the first couple of pages were dates that you could fill in like first smile, first sat up, first walked etc. What really grabbed my attention was an odd one that said “first afraid of the dark”, and right under the date my parents had written “repeated the word “tetan” (Satan)”. Freaky? Well it’s true. Bear in mind that this was way to early for me to have known anything related to Islam, let alone the devil!

7 Comments:

Blogger TripleTee said...

lol... yeah I used to fear the dark AND the light... the dark because u wouldn't know what's lurking around in ur bedroom... the light because u would! :os... I used to stay alert no matter what until I couldn't open my eyes anymore! So I guess I was a bit of a scardy cat back then... but now... I walk around the house at night... so I guess it's a complete switchover...

10/14/2005 2:07 AM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

Well, I guess all our fears goes back to reasons of our childhood. I love going back to my memories, I dont know I just feel it makes me live those times back again.

I remmber grade on in school, where one kid started telling us how his father has a shop bigger than Allah and we all went: a2aaaaaaaaa 7araaaam.

my biggest fear was being in a room alone .. I was once 6, and woke up and saw myself in a room alone, I thought everything was closed except the balcony .. I was about to jump from the balcony if not my father saw me hanging from the balcony and held me.


P.S Nice template, but cant you put the text in the middle? it would be easier for us to read.
I cant post in your shoutbox it tells me I need to use it from a server not a harddisk!!

10/14/2005 5:23 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

tripletee: and I thought I was a weird kid haha

arabian princess: LOL.. nice and funny memories you've got there. I'm not quite sure what could be wrong with the shoutbox?! :s

P.S. I'll still be playing around with the template until both me and the readers are satisfied ;) But I'll need comments

10/14/2005 6:36 PM  
Blogger Najah said...

LOL arby, you your sister and bimmi always have fun childish stories. This is my first time to ur blog Nigh Prince and i so much like it.
I find it cute and nice of your parent to write all those notes and comments (i wish if they did that with me :D).

I don't remember fear's in my memories i just remember my brother is in my memory in every single story!

10/16/2005 8:23 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Nigh Prince? Is that a new nickname? hehe
Well its not that fears are all that I remember from my childhood you know =P

10/16/2005 10:58 PM  
Blogger Najah said...

ok ok ok sorrrrrrry about that i meant Arabiaan... too much Arabian around thats why and Night face I check his blog so i kinda mixed your nicks... Pardon!

10/17/2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

LOL.. its fine!!
So you were checking Nightface's blog.. that explains it all :)

10/17/2005 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator