Thursday, October 06, 2005

Felt like back home


It was a wonderful experience today, despite the fact that its not the first of its kind.
We (Omani students) were all invited today to have iftar at a dear friends house. Not only is he the chairman of the Omani student society, but he is truly a great man that is benevolent at heart. Everything made it seem like I was back home. Not even a single non-Omani face in sight, some in the Omani national dress (dishdasha), people greeting eachother with soft smiles and exchanging news. They held a group prayer which filled the entire ground floor, which I must say is huge (mashallah). Thats when I arrived unfortunately. But it was so spectacular that someone decided he would pass out on the prayers and record the prayer instead. Weird? Tell me about it.. and I'm thinking to myself "9alaat il-3eed heya?" (Is it Eid prayers?).

I also got the chance to catch up with friends I haven't met in quite some time, which I'm sure wouldn't have happened had I not joined them today. The food was the next best thing... food that I probably won't be having for the remainder of the holy month, unless I risk it and give it a shot that is!

6 Comments:

Blogger Arabian Princess said...

woooooow my male counterpart in english sabla has a blog .. you couldnt imagine how excited I was when I saw the link in your signiture :)


Regardsing the post here, I hear you!! being around people of your country in ramdhan has a very special feeling that makes you really feel ramdhan!!

10/07/2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger Lym said...

Being in a foreign place -myself- it doesn't feel like Ramadan. Except on Friday though Where I ate Omani dishes and sat with Omani people. It was great.

I hate being away from family in Ramadan.

10/08/2005 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey that's nice to hear, it helps to have people from Oman around when you're feeling homesick :) a bunch of omani and arab girls down here got together last night as well

10/09/2005 1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool place mate ;) i'll come back soon!

10/10/2005 5:17 AM  
Blogger TripleTee said...

the fact that there are such gatherings outta here is pretty enlightening... especially when u're out of the country in a month like this... good on ya mate... :)

u're doin a good job so far AP :)... keep them comin! :D

10/10/2005 10:14 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks alot to everyone who commented here, I appreciate it.
It made me feel that I wasn't experiencing this all alone :)

P.S. Blessed I'm in the land down unda mate ;)

10/11/2005 3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator