Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Siblings


Its funny how my siblings sometimes think I skipped some 10-12 years of my life and somehow magically appeared at my current age. They always think they can innocently lie to you about certain things, or trick you into some things. However, what never crosses their mind is the fact that I was once their age and had certainly gone through everything they're going through too. Well after the usual chat intro's and a long pause here's what happened:

Lil bro: Can you like... send me your pc's ip address?
(I knew he was up to no good right away, infact it was too straight-forward that he was insulting my intelligence)
Me: I like... CAN'T!
Me: This isn't what they meant by 'retrieving an ip address'!
(my attempt at taunting him)
Lil bro: ok now can you please give me your ip address?
(trying to make me feel insignificant, and showing me its just a matter of time until I give him what he wants)
Me: What?! so you can practice on me?
Lil bro: come on plz I just want to try out this program
(at this point he's given up all hope in trying to hide anything from me)
Me: go try it out on one of your friends
Me: and I dont know how to get it!
(of course I knew how, but too bad for him I haven't lost my mind yet)
Lil bro: go to my computer, right-click and click on properties
(it wasn't the way I had in mind but I was glad to give it a try)
Me: I couldn't find a thing
Me: use an ip sniffer
(it took too long and I felt sorry for him)
Lil bro: I have one of those but it'll take some time
Lil bro: (sends me a small pic)
Me: is that a pic or a patch file?!!
Lil bro: pic
Me: I have it..
(trying to work my way out of it)
Lil bro: its a PIC wallah!
Me: (accepting it)
Me: do you have my ip address now?
(an attempt at ridicule and mockery)
Lil bro: do you have any programs I can use?
(by now he's lost all hope)
Me: I used to, but not anymore
(...yep! that was the last of it)

If you're clueless then he was basically trying to hack into my computer, and he needed my ip address to do it. Despite all that I still love my siblings! =D

10 Comments:

Blogger Luisa said...

me2 me2 i wanna learn

2/15/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/15/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

Why would he want to hack through your Pc though? :S

If I wanted to hack through someone's PC, it would be my enemy's

2/15/2006 7:20 AM  
Blogger Najah said...

oh didnt know about that either, am so not into computers as well :p....

u smart thing.

2/15/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew it right away! Even I tried playing around with some of those hacking programs when I was younger but I was totally hopeless!

:p

LYM, he wanted to check whether or not the progams he had would actually work. So he was trying to use AP here as his guinea pig.

2/15/2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

heheh funny ... my younger sinbling got no idea about computers :( i think he is missing alot of fun :)

man teach your bro :) tell him about hte netstat thing or the /dns ;)

2/16/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

p.s they still use the old subseven thingie ? or am i getting old :|

2/16/2006 2:21 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Libellula and Sowhat you guys rock! You were the only two tuned to the same frequency haha

Mimi: it's ok, thats why I had that last comment in there :p

PizzaQueen: we can learn together, I'm no expert in it.

LYM: what Libellula said was right. He thought he'd use his older brother as a guinea pig :)

Najah: Maybe I'm not as good as you think I am.. infact I'm pretty sure of it hehe

Sowhat: Welcome to my blog :) No you're not getting old, infact subseven was exactly what he was trying to use.
The last time I had a look at subseven it had a much friendlier user interface than the previous releases.
Oh and I didn't teach him.. I actually told him that if the service provider (Omantel) found out he'd be in deep trouble

2/16/2006 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
ur pooor lil bro !
i swaer the convo got me cracking up !!!

3/20/2006 4:02 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Welcome to my blog nosa and I was laughing when it happened too :D

3/22/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator