Sunday, January 22, 2006

Movie Reviews 2


As I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I'd be coming up with some more movie reviews, some that I really enjoyed and others... well they're so called "feel good movies".

Memoirs of a Geisha - Superb performance, interesting storyline and visually pleasing. I had high expectations and I wasn't let down. The movie initially stirs up emotions of sadness and sympathy in the viewer, and then eventually takes an obvious turn towards a much happier and promising future for the back then young Sayuri. I wouldn't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't watched it yet, but Sayuri has gone through it all in the name of her love for a man that was out of her reach. Strongly recommended!

Underworld: Evolution - If you watched Underworld and thought it was a good movie, then you should definitely watch this sequel. If you haven't watched either one then what are you waiting for? I'm not saying that just because Kate Beckinsale's in the movie... or am I? :p
Certainly not your average vampire movie. It's got everything you'd expect from those types of movies and more. The storyline is a continuation from the prequel, and they've also thrown in a couple of surprises. Only go for it if you can stand 2 hours of a female whooping some ass :p

Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire - My first HP movie and I must admit I really liked it. I recall watching the first 20 minutes of the very first HP movie and then calling it quits because it was so boring, and then I sort of vowed that I would never have to put myself through something like that again. Well I believe in second chances so I thought I'd go for this one. I was told that this was the best to date, and the most visually enhanced. I was actually surprised by the visual effects in this movie, they were really good and gave the impression that the movie was no longer aimed at a younger audience.

Just Like Heaven - I was initially going to this movie not expecting to be blown away or anything of that sort. But later it seemed like there was much more than the first impression I had in mind. I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies, but this one's an exception! I was laughing throughout the whole movie, and I really enjoyed every bit of it. I recommend this movie to anyone seeking a good time and loads of laughs, and especially urge those skeptical of it.

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - This brought out the child inside of me. I found myself fascinated by this make believe world, and was actually fully tuned in throughout the movie. I watched the movie twice within a period of 2 weeks. No, it's not that good, but it's certainly not bad at all! I liked so many things about the movie, but I suppose it's the graphics and animations that did the trick for me. A world of magic and mythical creatures brought to life beyond my very eyes, exceeding my expectations. A memorable movie indeed :)

A Walk To Remember - Inarguably one of the best romance/drama movies of all time. It also recieved some of the most contradicting reviews of all time. You'll either come across a review claiming it to be outstanding or on the contrary quite awful. I, on the other hand found it to be a very nice movie. I admit, it was too saccharine sweet for me, but a good movie nevertheless. I assume most people have already seen it, and if you haven't already seen it then it should be somewhere on your list.

A Beautiful Mind - One of my favorite movies of all time. This was the second (or third) time I've watched and it still holds its place in the rankings :) An extremely entertaining, yet thought provoking movie that unfolds some of the unchartered regions of the psychological world. Based on the true life story of Pr. John Nash, a mathematical genius who was on the brink of achieving the Nobel prize, but was dragged down by a diagnosis of schizophrenia. A truly amazing movie, not to mention that Jennifer Connely stars in it too :p Another strongly recommended movie!


{Impulsive... two songs I'm currently listening to alot:
Il Divo - Regresa a mi (Italian version of 'unbreak my heart')
Edwin McCain - I'll Be (click for streaming audio) - After repeatedly listening to it I found out that its from the soundtrack of 'A Cinderella Story'... I promise I didn't know that before I started listening to it though.. cross my heart and hope to die :p }

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also waiting to see the " Memories of a Geisha" as I like this kind of stories I have the book but decided to read after the movie and I don't know why ! ...

AS for the others... I watched HP and I like it wasn't that bad even that am not a fan of him but I liked it ...

"A Beautiful Mind" ... one of my favourite movies as well as "A Walk to Remember"

Interesting Prince I loved your movie revirws :) waiting for more :)

1/23/2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/23/2006 2:40 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

mimi: I think I've done enough recommending, so you better go watch 'Memoirs of a Geisha' =P .. similar thing happened to me with the HP movie, oh and if you're ever bored, please pay the cinema a visit :p
LOL still manage to cry every single time ay? Well I'd expect girls to like the movie and the reasons are quite obvious too, but I think it's too moushy for a guy to 'love'. Still a very good movie nevertheless :)

Life Silent: I trust you'll thoroughly enjoy reading the book once you've seen the movie :)
Thanks! I'm glad you liked them, I'll post some as soon as I've got enough :)

1/23/2006 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Watch Underworld, was so bored I walked out. I don't think I'm gonna take my chances with the sequel.

A Beautiful Mind is one of my alltime favourites. I went through a whole tissue box when I watched it. It was just so moving.

1/28/2006 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator