Friday, February 10, 2006


"If memory serves me correctly I mentioned in one of my previous posts the glorious feeling of finishing exams. It's one of those feelings that never fades with time and is just as good as the first time it's happened..."

That's all I had written until I recieved a phone call from a friend of mine telling me that this other Emarati friend of mine that used to study here with us has passed away in a horrific car accident. As soon as he was done giving me the terrible news I made him swear it was true, and after he did I was left speechless. Some tens of memories had flashed before my eyes. I was also told that the story was reported on a site and it was true. I was obviously shocked, but what really got to me was the fact that I found him on flickr a week or two ago and sent him a message telling him that I've found his hiding spot, he replied with a " :) " asking me who I was and that he was sure he knows me. That message still remains in my inbox.. unanswered.

""انا لله و انا اليه راجعون
الله يرحمه و يدخله فسيح جناته
آمين



Well I guess I'll always remember this as the day the happiness of finishing exams was swept and tarnished by the death of a friend. I hope I'll be in a better mood and feel better tomorrow.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lym said...

7usna Allah 3azak. I am so sorry. A classmate of mine died. That's the closest thing I know to losing a friend.

2/10/2006 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

allah yir7amoh inshallah. That's so sad to hear..

2/10/2006 12:20 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thank you all for your condolences, they are appreciated.

2/10/2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

ok at last I managed to open the comments page!

A7san Allah 3azak .. May Allah grant him the highest level of heaven. Ameen

Well, When I was in Uni.. my friend introduced me to this Malay girl as she is taking the same class I am taking. We got to talk and she was telling me how much intrested she was in Arab culture.
Few weeks later, while doing our exam we were informed by the lecturer that she had a horrible accident and died in it.
It really touched me and I still remmber her face until now!

2/11/2006 2:20 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks for sharing your experience Arabian Princess and Ameen

2/11/2006 5:20 PM  
Blogger Samyah said...

So sorry about what happened, allah yir7amo ameen. I hope you will feel better soon Prince.

2/12/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks a lot sam.
Ameen kaza.

I am feeling better. Thanks once again for everyones condolences.

2/13/2006 12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator