Thursday, January 12, 2006

Movie Reviews


As I've mentioned in one of my previous posts, I got the chance to watch alot of movies over the holiday and I thought it would be a good idea to ramble about some in what could potentially be my very own movie reviews... not quite?!
(A link to each movies info is available too)

The highly recommended:
Memento - First and foremost this is officially the most confusing and mind boggling movie I've ever seen in my life. One of the best I've ever seen too. I recall watching a small part of the movie some time ago and I found the movie's plot (or the way it was going) very appealing. So I decided to rent it and watch the whole movie this time. If I'm not mistaken its the first of its kind where the storyline is played in reverese chronological order. That alone is enough to baffle the crap out of you. Not to mention the guys' psychological disorder of short term memory loss. After watching this movie, it was my first time going online looking for movie reviews just to understand what had happened! For those up for it... I'm sure you wont regret it, after you understand it that is.

City Of God - I've watched this movie twice so far and I suppose the second time was to assure its position among the top ten movies of all time.. ok my top ten movies. It's a foreign film (Portuguese) and the storyline takes place in Brazil. It portrays the lives of a couple of very young hoodlums and outlaws and the way they govern one of the most dangerous places in Rio de Janeiro back in the 80's. This movie is jaw-dropping and is bound to leave you fascinated.

Wicker Park - I would've never even known this movie existed had a friend not recommend that I give it a shot. I'm very grateful that he did actually. I believe that it's a lovely movie that has been robbed of its share of being in the limelight, because it certainly deserves to. I expected so little of it at the start, but it had one mother of a twist. A romantic thrilling drama (is there such thing?). I believe its a movie the ladies will definitely enjoy watching.


...and the not so highly recommended:
Irreversible
- (R-18+) Another movie that had me looking for reviews online. If anything got me into the habit of looking up reviews, it would definitely be Memento. But unlike Memento this was one of, if not the most, revolting and atrocious movies I've seen to date. It got critics worked up with its naked truth storyline that aims at emphasizing the crime of rape and to what extent it affects the individuals involved. You should be able to tell by now why it was given an R-18+ rating. Punchline... It's a shocking must-see, if you can withstand all the atrocity in the movie. Once again, not so highly recommended.


Enough for now... more movies soon :)

4 Comments:

Blogger TI3GIB said...

momento was ... I don't know, it's too much for the mind to handle in the given time ..

A very beautiful movie that drives you to open your mind and putting them in other people's shoes ...

1/14/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Well said ti3gib, you would've saved me alot of writing if I heard that earlier :p

I don't really know if we share the same taste in movies mimi but if you thought those were brilliant then there are still more to come :)

1/14/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Aren't you loads of fun at the movies eh violet83 (",)

1/16/2006 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded Wicker Park over the summer, and I started the movie, but then stopped it after like 15 minutes. It was way too slow for my liking. I never finished it...

1/16/2006 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator