Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Condolences


I'd like to convey my deepest condolences to both the Bahraini people for the death of their young prince, and the Kuwaiti people for the death of their Prince (Emir). I couldn't agree more with what a friend had said on the sabla. She noted the oddity of such events, and their frequency. She also mentioned that she'd heard her grandmother saying that "God always takes in threes" which really caught on my attention. That last point really did it for me, it got me thinking as this isn't the first time it's happened. I wouldn't be certain about the three part, but it's obvious from the past that several deaths have occured consecutively in a relatively short period of time. Be it leaders, icons or even people I would somehow hear of.

I can't help but start contemplating on how most of the leaders of countries in the Arabian Peninsula have passed away within the past 2 years (with the exception of King Hussein Bin Talal Al Hashemi, the late Jordanian king). Having thought of that, there are not many that still live to this very day. Infact there are only 3 leaders that I can think of. I would certainly be touched by the death (la sama7a Allah - God forbid) of any of them, however it's the death of one that I dread the most. I wouldn't know where to start if I were to describe the state that we would be in, even as soon as hours after such thing. May God grant them good health and longevity.

4 Comments:

Blogger muscati said...

It probably won't be long till it happens again. King Abdullah of Saudi is 81 and his other brother the crown prince is also old. The new Emir of Kuwait is 75 and ailing while the prime minister who is now become the crown princeminister is also 75.

1/17/2006 2:57 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks for noting that muscati. That's another thing I'd thought of while writing, and it's quite thought provoking really.

1/17/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

Amen AP (Male) Amen to the last quote .. just reading it made me shiver!

1/18/2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Ameen ya rab... I think we're all on the same page here

1/19/2006 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator