Friday, November 25, 2005

Love Story or otherwise?


I can't recall the last thing I did before writing this on impulse. I did put some thought into it though and I came up with two alternative continuations to the very first part. Have a read through and let me know what you think :)

“Why does this have to happen?” she said in a trembling voice with tearful eyes.

There she stood in the moonlit courtyard seeming unprecedentedly vulnerable. It was a breezy night and all she had covered her pristine body with was a delicate dress. She hugged her body as a cool gust of wind passed us by. By the time the wind had settled, her honeyed hair covered part of her face. Suddenly one or two tears had rushed down her velvety cheeks. I could not resist gently wiping them off, and as I did she grabbed my hand and clinched it.

“I know how you’re feeling dear, but it hurts me just as much. Believe me it does.” I replied.

Alternative continuation 1:
I had no other option. I started loading the gun. As I raised my gun, all the memories of the times we had spent together quickly flashed before my eyes. And in what seemed like a blink of an eye, it had started to rain and I was lying in a puddle of blood. It seemed as though even the sky was grieving for her death, and poured onto us. I carried her onto my lap, and gently stroked her hair for the last time. I looked up to the sky in grief, hoping to awake from this nightmare. She was shivering, and the rain stopped her from keeping her eyes wide open. She struggled to keep them open as if this was the ending she had always been waiting for. It obviously wasn’t. All of this wasn’t meant to happen. Is this who I am? Is this what I have become? A soul that no longer cares about nothing or no one? It was an obliterating ending for her and a contemporary beginning for me, or is it vice versa? At that very moment I had become a “made man” and was taken under the dark deceptive wing of the mafia, the consequences of which I chose to overlook. Nevertheless they are bound to catch up with me and embed themselves in a puzzled and undetermined future of mine.

Alternative continuation 2:
I was swept with a sudden stir of agony and sorrow. I could not bear the sight for much longer. I could not even bear the thought of not being there by her side, or not even being there when she needs me. Despite the numerous times that we have talked this over, she seems unwilling to give me up. It seemed to her like I was happy with leaving everything in the past. I had no other choice if I were to move on with my life. I thanked her several times in the past for the most amazing memories and emotions. I wasn’t sure how I could do it again though. It was nice falling in love with her, and it is certainly something I would never regret. How am I to forget that dazzling smile, those benevolent eyes or that mesmerizing scent? I expect them to fade away with time, and if time fails to do so then I am left with an everlasting burden for parting with a broken winged angel.

6 Comments:

Blogger TripleTee said...

maaa sha2 allah!!... very well written AP... great way of expressing it in both...
I'm not sure what u expect... maybe for use to choose between the two continuations?? well that depends on the purpose or the message u're trying to give out... what I can say is:
continuation 1: Made me feel like I wanna bash that guy's head big time.
continuation 2: made me feel sorry for him...

well... it's sad... that he's in the mafia and can't get out of it that is... and she doesnt wanna leave him which only gives him one choice?...

dang!... wtever the reason is, I'd still wanna break his head for it.... :|

11/25/2005 5:21 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks alot Tee, I'm glad you liked it :)
Well I was expecting readers to tell me which of the two continuations they'd preferred, and what they thought of them. Well you did part of that, thanks!

Honestly, its quite satisfying to know that it triggered certain emotions :)

11/28/2005 1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first one is definitely a lot more intense. It was also quite a surprising twist in the plot. I'd go for that one. :)

11/29/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks alot for the insight libellula :)

11/29/2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger IntI said...

very descriptive i strt to like reading stories 1st time when i posted saraha i wasnt in da mood, but now i juz enjoyed reading it i liked da 1st one y ?! bcoz no it has more u know wat am saying u pic a movie or sumthing but 2nd u didnt write much in it beside its like tyoical breaking up n i dont like break ups hope u will like ma reply :)

12/15/2005 5:25 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks so much for the insightful reply bluewaves =)
I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. (",)

12/16/2005 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator