Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fascinations..


I’ve always been fascinated with the Mafia a.k.a. La Cosa Nostra (Italian, variously translated as This Thing Of Ours or Our Thing). I can’t even trace back when this appeal started. Those that know me well will, with no doubt, know what I’m talking about here.

I think the movies and documentaries that I watched played a big role in embedding this “infatuation” in my life. I think the movie “Donnie Brasco” starring Johnny Depp had a big impact as well. I still love the movie to this very day. But this was no ordinary fascination. It had turned into an obsession.

I’m not really aware of what may have caused all this. However I am quite sure that I didn’t really want to promote organized crime, or any of their motives. It was more of the code that they lived by, or the media’s portrayal of their dark and gloomy underworld.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey AP male i'm really empressed this place is great :)

10/20/2005 6:16 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks Dina.. 'tleast someone shares the same fascination! (I'm talking about the mafia part.. not Johnny Depp :p)

Thanks deej!! =)
But you know what... its only me around here, so why "male"? hehehe

10/21/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

huh!! and what about me :weep: I dont even exist over here .. thanks for the message AP (Male) :p

ok I am just being my drama queen self .. lool but yah including the male is just to defrintiate between me and you :p

10/23/2005 4:30 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

LOL @ AP'ess (as I like to call you)
I meant nothing of that sort, then again thanks for telling me about your drama queen mode :p

10/25/2005 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator