Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Return of the...


That was a long wait!!
Anyways back to where I left off... I forgot. It seems like its been ages. I said I'd try to post every couple of days even though my laptop was sent for repair. I tried and failed miserably. Not only did the repairing take much longer than expected but I was also occupied with uni. The last time I posted was almost a week before I started this semester, and now I'm in my 3rd week. That is quite a while. Well so much happened in that period of time that I don't know where to begin. One of the wonderful things that have happened in that period (atleast thats what I think) is that Warda is now a mother after giving birth to a cute little girl. It's strange how we can connect to eachothers lives through our blogs.. ok maybe that's just me. Well I felt really happy for her for some reason. For more info on that please visit Lym's blog.

The results of the post-diagnosis analysis rendered my hard drive unusable. Yes they actually changed the whole hard drive. They had to order the parts in and that's what made it a lengthy process. Well now it's back and reincarnated, just like when I first bought it. Luckily I backed up all my data prior to replacement.

Third week of uni and so far so good. The set of units I'm doing this semester (4 units) are actually not bad, I find that some are actually interesting believe it or not. The only thing I'm complaining about at this point is my messed up timetable! I start relatively early, end relatively late, lectures, pracs/labs and tutorials aren't spaced out and last but not least I have a stretch of 4 hours straight non-stop twice a week and and another stretch of 3 hours. Obviously when they set the times of lectures and tutes they forgot they were dealing with human beings. Notice the word relatively.. that's because it's never been like this for me in the past, it hasn't been this bad for my colleagues in the past and relative to other friends of mine in other fields of study I'm in a living hell. Not to mention the work load. But hey, atleast I haven't bothered really studying much yet, though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I attended a motor show, its held annually. It might've not been as good as the previous year but I saw some jaw-dropping cars. The show featured a number of concept cars from several of the industries leading names. It was a good chance for anyone to actually see and get a feel of all those cars in real life.

The 'English Sabla'... I missed that place. I haven't logged on in a very long time. I checked it a couple of times at uni and that was it. I checked it a couple of days ago and noticed that they had a thread dedicated to my birthday. I knew that it was something that happened whenever it was a members birthday but it took me by surprise to find one for me. Thanks to the initiator of the thread non other than Lym (ex-Empress). I'd also like to thank everyone that wished me a happy birthday and well wishes on my birthday.

Hmmm... yes I finally turned 37. So now what? Nothing new there. Excuse me, what was that? 37 you say? Just kidding, but someone on sabla actually said that. I finally turned 20 (or is it 19 Lym :p). No longer a 'teen'. What am I supposed to say when people ask me "So, how does it feel to no longer be a teen?". Well I usually smile it off, throw a bogus laugh and say "Yeah I know, I'm no longer a teen". I'm sorry but if you've asked me and this has happened to you then now you know the truth, like it wasn't obvious. What did I do on birthday? Well up until 2 hours before the plan started, there was no plan. Infact I had one plan, and that was to not have a plan! But what I really ended up doing was having a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant with 4 of my close friends. So much for turning 20 huh?

'nuff said! I'll leave whatever's left for my next post...

10 Comments:

Blogger NiGhTFaCe said...

Welcome Back :)


I guess this is my 1st time to say something here.

3/14/2006 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH.. you're alive! Welcome back :p

3/15/2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger Lym said...

I didn't assume you were turning 19, but 20 or 21. Well, my last teen year is this year too, so let's see how I feel in October. No need to thank me, its a custom to initiate a thread for an active member...you are not that special or anything :p.

Sabla missed you and it's great to have you back :)

Take Care

3/15/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Thanks nightface, hope to see more of your comments :)

Bugger.. I'm still alive hehe.. thanks libellula

Gee lym thanks for making me feel real special :p

I'm glad to be back!

3/15/2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger Sowhat said...

welcome back dude :) nice to have you back :)

3/19/2006 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I presume you know who I am right? ;)

Welcome back and now I'll add your blog link in my favorite folder!

I can see other peeps saying welcome back, so welcome back

3/19/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

mimiiiiiiii! Thank you very much for the warm welcome and for wishing me a happy birthday, and no, it's never too late :) Awaiting updates from you!

Thanks sowhat!

Thanks fast_hacking, and yes ofcourse I know who you are :)

3/19/2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger Arabian Princess said...

welocme back :)

and I feel so old!! I am talking to a person who just turned 20!! go play kid :p

loool

3/19/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Samyah said...

Welcome back AP! Thirty seven is pretty old, I feel so young talking to you!


:p ;)

3/20/2006 6:54 PM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

LOL @ Arabian Princess
First of all thanks, and secondly I'm not sure if that's a good thing to you or not.. but I doubt that it is. So in your case you can pretend I turned 37, that should make you feel really young :p

Thanks Samyah! And I'm glad I make you feel younger ;)

3/20/2006 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator