Monday, October 31, 2005

MP3 player or PSP?


I think neither one needs an introduction, as they have both been the latest hype in the high-tech gadget industry. (PSP=PlayStationPortable, MP3 players=the likes of iPod and so on)

For quite some time now I've been wanting to get myself either one, if not both. Each one required a considerable budget, therefore getting both was out of the question. And so that's where the struggle began... do I get myself an MP3 player or the PSP first? Recently I was put off by the PSP's rather high cost. So I was determined to get myself an MP3 player. I was blindly led to the iPod nano. Ladies and gentlemen, let me say this.. Impossibly small (the new iPod nano's motto or catchphrase) is an understament! After I saw it in real life, I think I have an inkling why they called it "nano". It's so tiny that the first thing that came to my mind was "There is no way in hell this thing can carry upto 1000 songs!" Yes, believe me it's that small!
(I hope Apple see's this and sends me a free one in return for this favour =P)

So I went searching for players and their reviews on the net, and cnet.com pretty much did the trick. I then came up with a list of potential buys, so from thereon my quest for the best mp3 player began. I couldn't get my hands on all the players on the list but I was astonished by the ones that I did play around with. However, while I was out there I realised that there's wasn't any difference at all between the price of an mp3 player and a PSP. In fact some mp3 players were even dearer than the PSP, and that really got me thinking. I asked, and asked.. and it all boiled down to what my main concern was. Was it for gameplay or songs?

I finally thought that I should try out the PSP and as soon as I tried it out I was truly amazed by every aspect of it. For a split second there, I forgot that mp3 players even existed!
Now I can safely say that I am a proud PSP owner!! =D Yes the PSP outplayed, outwitted and outfeatured the world of mp3 players. It is indescribable! Little did I know that it was fitted with a WiFi system (i.e. wireless support) that made it capable of connecting to any wireless network and accessing the net via that network. Due to a lack of games, that was the first thing I did. I couldn't believe my eyes when I accessed sites on my PSP, I even entered the English Sabla site.
I'm sure even I would crack up if I could've seen the look on my face back then!
It does everything I could ever ask for, but the only problem now is that I need to buy me a much bigger memory stick, as the one that's provided is a measly 32MB opposed to the one I'd like to get which is a 1 or 2GB!

2 Comments:

Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Oh I see someone else owns it too :)

Well if I'm not mistaken it usually comes along with the update to the 2.5 version and you can get the update either by accessing the net by the PSP or download it online then transfer it via memory stick. Obviously it will be the second :p

11/09/2005 2:38 AM  
Blogger Arabian Prince said...

Sorry for the late reply..
Thanks.. I like the new layout too, but you shouldn't really be asking me for help :p

There are a couple of sites, one of which is the official site for the PSP, there's also a forum which is quite helpful.
www.yourpsp.com (official site)
www.playstation.com (forum--> enter the PSP forum)

11/11/2005 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • October 2005

  • November 2005

  • December 2005

  • January 2006

  • February 2006

  • March 2006

  • April 2006

  • May 2006

  • June 2006

  • July 2006

  • September 2006

  • December 2006

  • January 2007

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
  • A7medino The Football Fanatic
  • Absomaniac
  • Alia aka Miss Valentine
  • Aqiesz Bohemian Garden
  • Arabian Princess
  • B3eed Aldar
  • Blind Melon's LullaBy
  • Bogus
  • Dija's World
  • Lym
  • Mimi
  • Muscati
  • NaBHaN
  • Nightface's Dark Notions
  • Oman Sky
  • Pineapple Thief's Cognitive Genocide
  • PizzaQueen
  • Raed - on the walking
  • SimSim's Realm
  • SoccerBlaze - Oman's first football blog
  • Ti3gib's Junkbox
  • Toxic Honey
  • TripleTee's Horizon
  • Warda's Lil Pink Submarine
  • Weirdgoat's Dark Enterprise

  • Image hosted by Photobucket.com


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Arabian Prince. Make your own badge here.


    Online dictionary at www.Answers.com
    Answers, not links






    iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator